Monday 14 May 2018

Hello everyone, this is me.

I'm the 'Rose' of this blog's title.  I have been working hard for two years to recover from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS; also known as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis or M.E.)

I decided to start writing this blog to help me record my recovery journey - as an online diary really.  I don't know if anyone but me will ever read it, but if you do and you have any constructive suggestions of things I could do to improve my health or my blog, I'm all ears.

I'm in my early thirties and was working full-time in my dream job, zipping round the country at weekends visiting friends, walking in the country, sipping delicious cocktails... you get the idea.  Then I got ill.  But I am determined I will get better.

I am really determined that this blog should be a positive account of my journey (though anyone familiar with these illnesses will know they are challenging beyond belief) so I don't want to dwell on the details and lows of the past couple of years, but in a nutshell and despite my best efforts, I'm mostly housebound currently.  


I've made good progress a number of times (using a variety of approaches - that's another post to come!), including returning to work and being able to walk as far as three miles in a day at times; but I've also experienced several major relapses which have left me unable to get out of bed much for months.  


I try to learn from my experiences each time, to build a more sustainable recovery in the future.  That's part of why I decided to make the blog too - so I can put all my learning out there to reflect on and hopefully grow through.  Even if it feels like trying to get through concrete sometimes - if the flowers can do it, so can I!!

4 comments:

  1. A thoughtful, touching and determined first post, Rosie. Looking forward to reading about your journey and hoping you get back to good health very soon. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew so much for the positive feedback - much appreciated!! I will get there :-)

      Delete
  2. I’m really glad you’re doing this! I love writing mine too it’s good therapy and what I love about it is that it doesn’t have to be perfect writing all the time ahhaha. Can’t wait to see more of your journey. Lots of love Susie xx

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks hun that’s so nice - I checked out your blog too and it looks great! I thought the connection documentary was fab too. I’ll be following you and sending healthy wishes 😊xx

      Delete